Introduction to Computer Science is both lecture and conversation class.
- The main thematic scope of the classes are algorithms, computational issues and computer systems.
- The attendance is obligatory. There is a possibility to miss at most one class.
The grade is computed as follows:
- presentation of an algorithmic problem - 20%
- short and easy test - 60%
- miniproject - 20%
Presentation of an algorithmic problem - app. 15-20 min.(S), app. 8-10 min.(NS)
- Presentation of the problem - short and enjoyable introduction to the problem presenting what is an input of the algorithm, and what is the desirable outcome: description of data structures used (natural numbers, real numbers, vectors, martrix, grpahs, etc.)
- Block diagram - presentation of the algorithm as a block diagram build form following brics: procedures, data, operations and decision nodes.
- Algorithm as a pseudocode - the algorithm should be presented in a text form, that describes the flow of the algorithm by the use of such constructs as: variable assignements, mathematic opeartions, logic instructions, control instruction (conditions, loops).
- Example- the very concrite presentation of how the algorithms works for a given input, i.e. what is the outcome of the algorithm for a given input
Disclaimer! Student should be able to understand presented algorithm and conduct the example for the input paramiters provided by the teacher.
The scope of the test will not go beyond the algorithms problems presented at the classes
- The topic of the project should be in the scope of the studies field.
- The preparation of the project should be similar to that for the class presentation, ie. it should include _inputs- and outcomes, block diagram, pseudocode notation and an example.
- The form is as follows:
- oen A4 page
- multimedia presentation.
- the oral presentation during the class should take approximately 5 minutes
How to submit your project?
- All projects should be collected by one designated group representative.
- All project in PDF form from thewhole group are send by the representative to the teacher befor the date agreed at the class.
- Submittion of the project in any other date is not possible.
- Multimedia presentations are collected by the representative and compiled into one uniform presentation.
- Representative is responsible for technical preparations of the actual presentation.